I wanted to start carrying a get
home/bug out bag; here is a list of the products and items I plan to
purchase over the next few years to build up this backpack. I’m going to
try and include all the links to the products I list. Everything else
can be found at your local store/market. Please feel free to
add/subtract things from my list. I’m looking forward to reading your
constructive ideas and criticism on my ideas and plans. Thank You.
start with medical supplies and accessories. These are the items I
think that I will need if I am to be in any sort of emergency, for
instance: I plan to pack for a car wreck/hike through an area that is
completely unknown to me, friends, and family (and is really, really far
away). Here is what I have written down for my Medical supplies list:
- #MA41: Rip-Away E.M.T pouch.
- Small, medium, and large Gauze.
- A surgical tourniquet.
- Alcohol wipes.
- Antibiotic ointment.
- A bar of soap.
- Dr. Brooners Castile Soap.
- toothbrush, and floss.
- Water disinfectant of your choice. Mine is Iodine, I can’t find a good place to get it though.
- Insect repellant and Insect bite treatment.
- Two or three ACE bandages.
- A magnifying glass.
- A lighter, and matches. (In a waterproof case of its own.)
- medical tape.
- A pair of tweezers, toe nail clippers, and scissors. (CUTCO has some god-like knives/scissors)
- Super glue.
- Four pairs of rubber gloves.
- Feminine pads.
- Ascorbic acid.
- Surgical sewing kit.
- Write in the Rain notepad with a couple of pens.
- Maxpedition Condor II.
- Magnesium fire starters.
- Life Straws.
- Solar panel.
- AA, AAA, and D-cell lithium ion rechargeable batteries.
- A Write in the Rain notepad with pens.
- A compass that glows in the dark. And a map of the United States of America.
- Match cases that will have waterproof and windproof matches.
- A lighter.
- P-38 can opener.
- A sewing kit with various types of needles and threads.
- Paracord 550.
- A mini folding shovel.
- Leather gloves.
- A wool blanket.
- MX-991/U flashlights. I’m wanting at least three.
- Source tactical hydration system. 3L. W/ Helix valve, U.T.A.
- Toilet paper and more alcohol wipes.
- ENO Doublenest hammock. With Atlas straps, mosquito netting, and a tarp with stakes.
- A stainless steel canteen that includes a three-piece set for boiling water and cooking food.
- Aluminum foil.
- Carabiners rated for climbing.
- Cigarettes for trading.
- A hat
- A pair of wool socks.
- A wool shirt.
- Small jacket, warm enough for winter weather.
- Some shoes. Converses maybe? Something bendable and thin…
- A poncho.
- Water filter pump.
- Two way radios capable of receiving weather alerts and broadcasts. I need help with buying this.
- Millitary MRE’s and ER/MAYDAY food bars.
- Tea and coffee
- Salt and pepper
- 101 use card. (signal mirror, knife, wrench, ect…)
- Mechanical fishing reels and a small fishing kit.
- Snares; big and small. Six E/A.
- Collapsible bow. (Folds in on itself.)
- KA-BAR Explorer.
- Lockback knives.
- A multi-tool.